Jackson County, located in the Florida Panhandle, is a charming and welcoming destination that offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, history, and small-town charm. With its rolling hills, pristine lakes, and friendly communities, Jackson County is an ideal spot for a relaxing vacation or a weekend getaway.
The county was named after Andrew Jackson, the seventh President of the United States, and was established in 1822. Jackson County is home to several quaint towns, including Marianna, the county seat, and Sneads, known for its fishing and boating opportunities.
Our Top Ten Local Destinations
- Florida Caverns State Park - Florida Caverns State Park is a unique and stunning park that features underground caverns, crystal-clear springs, and scenic trails. Visitors can take a guided tour of the caverns and see the intricate formations and underground streams. The park also offers hiking, fishing, and picnicking opportunities at this beautiful and well-maintained destination.
- Blue Springs Recreational Area - Blue Springs Recreational Area is a popular and scenic park that offers swimming, tubing, and picnicking opportunities. The park is home to the Blue Springs, a natural spring that maintains a constant temperature of 68 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. Visitors can also hike the park's trails and see the local wildlife.
- Chipola River Greenway - The Chipola River Greenway is a beautiful and peaceful trail that follows the Chipola River and provides opportunities for hiking, biking, and wildlife viewing. The trail is well-maintained and features scenic views of the river, the local flora and fauna, and the historic sites.
- Marianna Historic District - The Marianna Historic District is a charming and well-preserved neighborhood that showcases the area's rich history and culture. The district features historic homes, churches, and businesses, as well as a museum and a visitor center. Visitors can take a self-guided walking tour and see the local landmarks and architecture.
- Florida Caverns Golf Course - The Florida Caverns Golf Course is a scenic and challenging golf course that is located in a picturesque rural setting. The course features rolling hills, water hazards, and well-manicured greens. The club also offers a pro shop, a clubhouse, and a restaurant that serves delicious meals and drinks.
- Battle of Marianna Monument and Park - The Battle of Marianna Monument and Park is a historic landmark that commemorates the 1864 Civil War battle that took place in Marianna. The monument features a bronze statue of a Confederate soldier and several plaques that tell the story of the battle. The park also features a walking trail and a gazebo.
- Three Rivers State Park - Three Rivers State Park is a beautiful and tranquil park that offers camping, fishing, and boating opportunities. The park is home to Lake Seminole, which provides access to the Chattahoochee and Flint Rivers. Visitors can also hike the park's trails and see the local wildlife at this peaceful and well-maintained destination.
- Blue Springs State Park - Blue Springs State Park is a picturesque park that features a natural spring, swimming area, and picnic facilities. The park also offers opportunities for fishing, kayaking, and hiking. Visitors can also take a guided tour of the park and learn about the local history and ecology.
- Jackson County Farmers Market - The Jackson County Farmers Market is a vibrant and lively market that features local produce, handmade crafts, and live music. Visitors can browse the stalls and taste the delicious and fresh products that are grown and made by local farmers and artisans.
- Panhandle Pioneer Settlement - The Panhandle Pioneer Settlement is a fascinating and educational museum that showcases the history and culture of rural Florida. The settlement features historic buildings, including a schoolhouse, a general store, and a church. Visitors can take a guided tour and learn about the area's pioneers and their way of life.
Jackson County is a unique and welcoming destination that offers a variety of attractions and activities for visitors of all ages and interests. Whether you're looking for outdoor adventures, historic landmarks, or cultural experiences, you'll find it all in Jackson County.